• How will equipment and facilities for SEND be secured and how accessible is the school?
At Nettleworth Infant and Nursery School we endeavour to comply with accessibility requirements regarding the physical environment and access to the curriculum.
Our current access arrangements and areas identified for improvement are outlined in our Accessibility Plan (available on the SEND page of our school website). We recognise that additional modifications may need to be made at any time, to ensure all pupils are able to fully access the school site and the curriculum we offer.
The school currently has a range of facilities for pupils with SEND in place. These include:
* Wheelchair access to the whole school
* Specialised indoor and outdoor play equipment
* Sensory toys
* Full time teaching assistant support allocated to all classes in school
* Full-time Pupil and Family Support Worker based in school
* Disabled toilet with changing and shower facilities
* Use of Dyslexia friendly resources throughout school
* Use of signs and symbols (Makaton) for children including those pupils with communication difficulties
* Use of ipads (including dedicated SEND ipads and children with AFN funding)
* Our Nurture Den- which is a calming and therapeutic room for play, group or individual work with a range of Sensory / Wellbeing resources, Emotional Regulation, and ‘Fiddle/calming toy toolboxes
* Information from the school office (for parents) available in a range of formats, including large print, translated and copied on coloured paper (dyslexia friendly)
* Visually impaired adjustments to equipment
If a situation arises where specialist equipment was needed, then advice would be sought from specialist services, such as the Physical Disability Support Service.